7.03.2008

Support local business

I heartily recommend the dude with the big beard selling cherries out of his pickup. $3 a pound for those pinky yellow ones, $5 for bing, and he welcomes bartering, and his truck broke down today so AAA towed him here, and that sucks, so anyway, if you need some tasty organic cherries, and you're in SE, I'm assuming in the afternoon/early evening, you might could buy some from him.
Also, I'm riding that bike I've been trucking around for the last few years! How about that. It's a lot easier than last time I tried to start. In retrospect, that's probably because NW is not the best place to break oneself in, what with the living a little way up a hill. So I've ridden down to and around the waterfront a couple of times, and the ambition is to commute once school starts up again next week, which is around nine miles each way. And then maybe one day I'll be as cool as Katie and Joseph.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 comments:

Seph said...

Heck, my commute was only five miles each way. And at the new apartment I just moved to, it's only one-and-a-half. So, objectively, you'd be cooler than me. Curses!

Rip Tatermen said...

Yeah, it does seem kinda lengthy. I haven't tried it yet; I think I will this weekend. MAX would get me most of the way, but that defeats some of the money-saving and exercise-getting. Also, my butt is sore from the saddle. Also, I got a lock yesterday and promptly locked my quick-release front wheel to the rack when I went into Walgreens. Fortunately the rest of the bike was still there when I came out but I felt like quite the dumbass.

Eric said...

You should just take the subway! Oh, wait, you don't live in a city with a subway. Ha ha.