7.17.2008

Woo Bicyclin'!

So here's this week:
  • Monday: MAX in the morning, rode back from work via 33rd.
  • Tuesday: MAX in the morning, rode back via Vancouver.
  • Wednesday: Legs were not interested in bicycling. So very not interested.
  • Wednesday night: went to REI, got super-cushy seat for Syd, water bottle holders, and a cyclometer for me, since I needed a clock, and it tracks a bunch of other interesting stuff, like current, average and max speed, distance traveled, time traveled, and odometer and total time.
  • Today: MAX in the morning, turns out I still bike about 4 miles with MAX, so it cuts the biking in half. Rode back via Vancouver, stopped to get a little Allen key kit because it turns out I didn't tighten Syd's new seat enough and it shifted angle quite significantly halfway through her morning commute, rode to Syd's work, fixed her seat, and we rode home. Total distance almost 16 miles, how crazy is that? My legs felt a lot better, too. I still had to stop a couple of times partway up some hills, but I think that's partly 'cause I wasn't picking a good gear, 'cause when I started back up it went much more easily.
Things I still suck at:
  • riding with weight off my arms, or hands off the handlebar, which is to say:
  • signaling, and the faster I'm going the harder it is. I would like to be one of those cool people who can ride with their arms at their sides all cool-like.
  • Inclines. You win again, gravity!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Seph said...

When I was a kid, my dad always told me that hills were the best part, 'cause you got to ride really fast on the downhill parts. My dad's full of crap. Hills suck.

i_tried said...

I am so excited y'all are biking! You should get a tandem and let Syd do all the work. That is my plan...I just have to find another unsuspecting person.