6.19.2007

hate

I hate Windows. So very much. I know I'm hardly alone in this, and it really seems like the most pointless observation one could possibly make on the intertubes ever, in terms of originality, but nevertheless, the fact remains that somehow Microsoft dominates the market in spite of their continued efforts to thwart their own customers. I hate them hate them so much. Endless anti-piracy bullshit, with the end result that pirates can still pirate, and idiots like me who somehow own more copies of Windows than computers can't get any of them to work, but in the process of failing to install XP still manages to make my laptop think its hard drive is borken. I've switched over to Ubuntu Linux and am quite happy, but Win is still a necessity once in a while, and it is seriously such a huge pile of crap.
Oh, also, the new Queens of the Stone Age album is quite good. Interesting heavy Beatles influence, and all in all a fine job of rocking without screaming.

2 comments:

Seph said...

Ubuntu, huh? Nerd. Glad it's working out for you.

Also glad to hear a positive review of the new QotSA. I've heard only middling reviews from most, which is kind of a shame. They're playing in Eugene in a few weeks, so I'm looking forward to seeing them. Perhaps you'd like to come down and see them with?

Rip Tatermen said...

Nerd? Pffthbbt. Hardly; Ubuntu is Linux for people who have no business running Linux.

Interesting; so far I've read Stereogum's adulation and AVClub's mostly positive review. That link I posted streams it, you should totally check it out, esp. 1, 3, 4, 5 and 7. As for the concert, that sounds delightful! (apart from the Eugene part.) I'll wear my finest collared shirt.